Helium tank rentals
THERE IS A HELIUM SHORTAGE AND WE DO NOT CARRY ANY HELIUM AT THIS TIME
Please read here for more information about the current shortage in helium supply
PLEASE CALL US FOR a QUOTE FOR YOUR NEXT HELIUM TANK RENTAL IN AUSTIN AND SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Genuine Helium Gas for your Balloons
99.995% Pure Helium For Better Lift and Longer Lasting Balloons
Ever wonder what size cylinder it will take to fill the number of balloons you need?
Number of Latex Balloons *
Cubic feet (CF) per balloon
* Numbers are approximate, factors like ambient temperature and elevation can vary
Facts, Tips and Helpful Hints
Helium (He) is the second lightest element. It is a colorless, tasteless inert gas at room temperature and atmospheric pressure. Helium is present in dry air at a concentration of 0.0005%. Its principal source is natural gas wells where the helium is extracted from the crude natural gas stream and purified. Helium can be stored and shipped either as a gas or a cryogenic liquid. Also, its low specific gravity and non flammability allow its use in lighter than air applications such as the filling of balloons and blimps.
- The length of time that balloons will stay airborne varies with the quality of the balloon.
- A good quality 9 inch latex balloon needs .25 cf (one-fourth cubic foot) of helium and will stay in the air from 6-8 hours.
- A good quality 11inch latex balloon needs .50 cf of helium and will stay airborne 18-24 hours.
- 16inch balloons need 1.5 cf for 30-35 hours of flight time, and an 18inch FOIL balloon needs .44 cf and could stay inflated and airborne for 3-4 weeks!
- Foil balloons are heavier than latex but they hold helium for a longer time.
- Actual flying times vary, depending upon temperature and atmospheric conditions.
Balloon gas is pure helium with a small amount of air. It is non toxic and non flammable, so it's perfectly safe to use and store, but proper care should be taken to prevent the breathing of balloon gas because it does not contain enough oxygen to support life!
- Cylinders should only be used by informed adults.
- Children should never be allowed to operate the cylinder.
- The cylinder must be stored in an upright position while in use and must be properly secured to prevent toppling.
- Always secure the cap on a large cylinder before moving or transporting.
- Never transport cylinders that are loose in the vehicle. They must be secured and unable to roll or move.
- Balloon helium is stored under high pressure. Never open the valve without the regulator attached.
- Tightly close the valve when the cylinder is not in use.
- Store cylinders in a well ventilated area away from all sources of heat.
WARNING! BREATHING PURE HELIUM CAN CAUSE INJURY OR DEATH!
We are the 1-stop helium tank rental place in Austin and San Antonio, Texas.