My Rights as a Renter
Know Your Rights with Moonwalk Injuries
Anyone who uses a Moonwalk should be aware of their rights. An awareness of your rights can be crucial in preventing Moonwalk injuries. In fact, there are laws that a Moonwalk owner, renter, or supervisor must follow. Moonwalk participants and their guardians or supervisors (parents, babysitter, nanny, etc.) have the following rights:
- The right to know that young children should not be allowed to use the Moonwalk
- The right to know who can and cannot be in the Moonwalk at the same time
- The right to know of the Moonwalk’s maximum weight capacities and limitations
- The right to know of acceptable and unacceptable behaviors when participating in a Moonwalk
- The right to know of the safety requirements (Safe Inflatable Operator Training Organisation) that all Moonwalk operators are required and expected to follow in order to prevent moonwalk injuries
- The right to be adequately warned of Moonwalk injuries that can result from not following warning and safety requirements
- The right to enter into a Moonwalk that is supervised/operated by a thoroughly and competently trained adult (at least 18 years old), bounce house operator, attendant, or supervisor
- The right to adult supervision at all times
- The right to know that adults and children should not jump in a Moonwalk at the same time
- A Moonwalk must be installed in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions, owner’s/operator’s manual, requirements and guidelines for operation and set-up
Before you even commit to an operator you need to ask a few basic questions:
- Are they insured and will they supply a copy of the insurance certificate?
- Are they trained/experienced in inflatable operations?
- What safety measures do they provide YOU with?
Price should not even be a consideration!
After the operator arrives, they should do the following and it is your job to pay attention to help make sure its done properly.
- A tarp should be placed on the ground to protect the bottom of the unit.
- The unit should be staked down or heavily weighted down with ground weights or sandbags.
- When the unit is inflated make sure there are no rips or holes visible.
- Make sure the unit is fully inflated and not sagging anywhere.
- The operator MUST cover all operating and safety procedures verbally, and should leave printed instructions as well.
- It is your responsibility to ask questions if you do not understand anything particular.
After the operator leaves, you should always:
- Attend the unit at all times.
- Keep children age 3 and under OUT of the unit.
- Make sure all children are grouped according to SIZE.
- DO NOT exceed the maximum ride capacity at any time.
- Perform safety checks of the equipment frequently. Operators will show you how.
- Turn the unit off during inclement weather or high winds.
- Seek medical attention for ALL injuries IF they occur.
- Follow ALL posted safety rules at all times.
On the day of the delivery you will be required to sign this Appendix 3 attached to the contract:
APPENDIX 3: RULES GOVERNING THE SAFE OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT
The following rules detail safe operational guidelines for the inflatable equipment you are leasing from Amanzi Party Rentals.
1. Supervision: The safety of the children depends on you. Your personal supervision is absolutely required at all times. As the lessee of this inflatable unit, the safety of all the riders is your responsability. As the adult superviser (Adult older than 18 years old). you should position yourself in close proximity of the entrance to the ride and be prepared to assist riders when they enter/exit the ride.
2. Age Groups: Only compatible age groups and sizes shall play on the inflatable at the same time. The following are guidelines as to the number of riders that may be on the inflatable unit at the same time:
Moonwalk: Children up to age 7: 10-12, children ages 8 - 12 : 5-7, individuals over 12: 3-5 height & size. For WET/DRY SLIDE: MAXIMUM 2 people of comparable weight and height,
3. Shoes/Glasses/Jewelrv: All riders MUST REMOVE SHOES, GLASSES, AND ALL LOOSE JEWELRY before playing in the inflatable.
4. Pre-existing Health Conditions: Pregnant women, individuals with pre-existing injuries, and others susceptible to injury from falls, bumps or bouncing are not permitted in or on the inflatable unit at any time.
5. Flippinq/Wrestling/Pilinq/sliding: Improper use of the inflatable includes flipping in the air, wrestling, and riders piling on themselves. No head first down slides. Such activity may result in neck and back injuries to riders.
6. Installation: Do not remove the inflatable from the area where it was installed. If the inflatable unit moves, pull it by one of its corners back to its original location of installation. Keep the inflatable unit away from swimming pools and other sources of water at all times.
7. Inclement Weather: Once there is a threat of inclement weather, including strong winds (at or in excess of 20 mph), thunderstorms (especially when lightening is present), or severe cold weather (below 40 degrees), children should immediately exit the inflatable. The blower should thereafter be switched off and removed, and the unit allowed to deflate.
8. Deflation: Should the unit begin to deflate, do the following: First, have all children exit the unit immediately. Next, if the motor has stopped, make sure that it has not been unplugged. If the motor is still running, check the air intake on the side of the motor for blockage, and check both blower tubes on the inflatable unit to make sure that they are tightly tied off. Never allow riders in or on a partially inflated unit.
9. Alterations: No alteration in or attachments to the inflatable unit are allowed, period.
10. General Misuse: Do not allow riders to play or climb on walls, sides or roof of inflatable. Do not allow the inflatable to rub up against any surface. Unless previously authorized by Amanzi Party Rentals, never place a water hose or water in general onto the inflatable. If the moonwalk should become wet, have an adult wipe down unit before riders return. Moonwalk should not be wet when riders enter the unit. This excludes water slides.
11. Negligence or Abuse: The following fees may be assessed for negligence or abuse of inflatable. Spilled food, drink or the use of Silly String could result in a $400-$1500 Cleaning Fee. Negligence and damage to unit could result in a $400-$3000 Repair Fee. If unit is not repairable a fee of $2000-$6000 could result.
I hereby acknowledge, as witnessed by my signature, that a representative of Amanzi Party Rentals has read the above referenced safety rules cited in this agreement. I further acknowledge by my signature that I understand each of these rules and agree to abide by them completely.
Renter:_________________________ (print name) _____________________(sign name)
Amanzi Party Rentals Representative______________ Date_______________